Thursday, January 17, 2013

Leavin. . on a Jet Plane!


Well, it is here!  We will be leaving in the morning for our 13 hour flight to meet our sweet M!  This week has been a whirlwind.  It all started in the doctor's office on Monday. . . positive, for the FLU:(  That sweet lady had no idea the scene she was about to encounter.  I started bawling. . . demanding that she take my flu AWAY.  I told her that I could not have the FLU, nor my husband, nor my son, because we were meeting our new son on Saturday.  Although I'm sure she wanted to prescribe me a session with the nearest therapist, she sent me on my way with a Tamiflu script and a suggestion to reschedule my trip. . . um, NOT AN OPTION! Praise the Lord, my Jesus answered yes to my plea for help and has proved Himself to give me 'immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine.'  I feel really good, and so does Lee.  I wanted so badly to get with some of you locals and pray before we left, then I got sick.  But the Lord provided and many of you have prayed.  You have called me over the phone and prayed, you have met me in the Target parking lot to give me an Ergo and prayed, you have sat in your chemo treatment and prayed, you have sent me a text, you have cooked me dinner, you have given me money, you have been the hands and feet of Jesus and your prayers and actions have carried me!


I started this blog about 2 1/2 years ago when I read an article posing the thought that if 1out of every 17 christian families would adopt one adoptable orphan, we could annihilate the orphan crisis.  I know that is hypothetical and complex.  Yet it was simplistic enough to make me really start thinking about my role regarding the orphan crisis.  I considered it a smile from heaven when I looked at my phone this morning and it read the date . . . . . 1/17.  And I left today, on 1/17, to journey to meet my sweet M.  Thanks be to God for His faithfulness.

I cannot receive texts, but I can check email and Facebook.  And, I will be updating the blog when I can find a sweet spot of WiFi.

Love to you all!
Jenni

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm praying, sweet sister!!! And I can not wait to see you holding that chunky monkey!!! Love you!!!

Ginger said...

Love you sweet Jenny!! You know I'm praying for you, lee and sweet Moses! I love being a part of your journey! What a blessing! And I can hardly wait to hold and love on Moses! I'm so inspired by your obedience!!! Love you SO much!!! Xoxo!

Matt and Allison Tatum said...

Praying for you and your precious family! Cannot wait to meet your already loved baby boy!

Anonymous said...

You know how much I love you and lee. My prayers go with you on this journey. Cannot wait to meet Moses.

Sarah said...

We are praying praying PRAYING!!!!!

Alison said...

Love you, precious friend! I cannot wait to see pics of ya'll holding your sweet Moses!!! Praying!

The Barnes said...

I can't wait to hold sweet Moses and have him out playing with all these crazy kiddos on our street. Praying!!!

bobi bobbitt said...

Love you Jenni!! Just got the invite to your blog... so excited for y'all! And can't wait to follow along your journey to Moses!! I want to hear all about it when you return! Lots of love!!!